2

My Finger's Hurt

Posted by Krishna Patel on 4:40 PM

I just entered my data into an excel chart. I had to enter about 150-200 numbers, so it was VERY repetitive. I created three lists when I first opened the spread sheet. The lists were sex, political score, and stimulus package opinion. In the sex column I listed if the person was a male or female, denoted by M or F. In the political score column I put down the score that the person gave themselves about their political score (it was on a 1 to 10 scale, with 1 being liberal minded while 10 would mean you were conservative). The last column was for the stimulus package opinion. This column recorded the people’s opinion of the package, which they rated on a 1 to 10 scale (1 meaning they dislike it, while 10 means that they like it).

After, I entered in all of the data (there was 50 surveys) I took averages and counts for the total. I use a function called =CountIf (Range, Criteria) to do the counts. For the sex column I used the function to find that 27 of the surveys were completed by males, while 23 were completed by females. Using the =Avg(Range) feature I found that the average political score was a 5.2, while the average stimulus package rating was 3.42. This shows that on average the political views of the people in the sample are relatively neutral (Slightly in favor of conservatives). Also, it shows that the people have a slightly negative attitude towards the stimulus package.

I am going to do the standard deviation and the other numerical summaries in the next few days. I plan on tackling the graphs next week, because I may need to use my teachers computer to create them. Her computer has a newer version of excel, so it has more graphs available.


(REFER TO THIS WEBSITE http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/ for any EXCEL INFORMATION)


2 Comments


It sounds like you know exactly what you are doing in Excel. You may run into some unexpected problems so be prepared. The way you are entering data is very time consuming, but I think it is the only way. I may also need your help with the program. Good luck.


I also agree that while this method is time consuming, it is the only way to be efficient. You seem very familiar with the program, and I might be requesting your assistance! Good job!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Krishna's Desk All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.

hit counter html code
html hit counter code