2

Data has been collected!

Posted by Krishna Patel on 8:16 PM

Finally! I’m done collecting my data. As you already know I administered the survey to 50 of my dad’s patients. From here I plan to start my data analysis. Next week is Spring Break, so I may have a chance to start on the analysis, but I plan on doing the bulk of my analysis in the week after the break. I am going to have to refer back to my data analysis toolbox to help me remember what data analysis methods I am going to use. Now I am starting to realize why my teacher wanted me to create this toolbox in a way where I could simply read directions off of it. It makes the entire process much more efficient and allows you to have a clear cut view on where you stand with regards to your project.

I am going to have to enter my data in Microsoft Excel and my graphing calculator. Technology makes the data analysis part go much faster then it I was to do it by hand. My calculator will be used for most of the numerical summaries, while excel will be used for graphs. The graphs I want to create (histogram, box plot, and normal probability plot) can be created using my calculator and excel. Also, I plan to use excel to organize the numbers because it many different equation functions that can be used. Here is a website that describes some of the functions of Excel that I plan to use in my data analysis (http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/).

Looking back at my analysis methods remember that I plan to use a confidence interval, which I explained in a previous post, to make predictions about the New Orleans population. This is going to be the most important part of my data, because it will be the part the media are most intrigued by.


2 Comments


Just letting you know, it is a very complicated process to create a box plot using Excel. As for the calculator, the graph that the calculator produce does not look "professional" enough. So you might have to find another method to create your box plot. Just giving you a heads-up, and it is good that you have finished collecting your data. Keep up the good work.


Oh yeah thanks for reminding me of that, I remember we had trouble with that during the math grades project too. Maybe I could use mini tab? Thanks for the feedback.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Krishna's Desk All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.

hit counter html code
html hit counter code